Thank you for your interest in one of our pets. The goal of our adoption counselor is to make a good match between pet and human. We spend time with each animal and get to know its unique temperament and needs. Each dog or cat may not necessarily fit with every human environment. For example, if we know that a specific dog has lots of energy and needs lots of space to run, we would not be inclined to adopt him out to a person living in a small apartment or to a family that is not home all day. We want the best for both human and pet, so please work with the counselors to find the right match for you.
- You must be 21 years or older.
- You must allow an adoption counselor to visit your home before an application is approved.
- Introducing a new pet to your home should be a decision that involves the entire family therefore we ask that all family members be available to meet the pet before an application is approved. If you currently have a dog(s) and are adopting a new one, we require the dogs to meet before an application is approved.
- If you rent, you must have written permission from your landlord.
- Please complete the adoption form and answer all questions. An adoption counselor will review the form and contact you by phone. This process may take several days. Please be patient! You and your new pet will have many years together.
- All adoptions must be approved by one of our adoption counselors. Filling out an application does not guarantee approval. Chance Shelter has the right to deny your application.
- All required adoption fees must be paid in full at the time of adoption.
- We will provide all medical information that is known about the pet. All our animals will be vaccinated and spayed or neutered. Once the animal has been adopted Chance Shelter will no longer be responsible for any veterinarian bills.
- If for any reason you do not keep the adopted animal, you must return the animal to Chance Shelter.